Free Guest Screening for Property Managers
Keeping your homeowners' vacation rentals - and their communities - safe shouldn't be an afterthought.
We're excited to announce the launch of SafelyScreen, Safely's guest screening product - completely free.
We know this sounds too good to be true, but it's not. We have been improving the quality of your guests and protecting your homeowners since launching in 2013, and now want to share these capabilities with the industry. We know that guest's behave better when they know that you know who they are. And our communities are asking that we keep sex offenders out of all rentals -- both long-term and short-term.
But we're sure you still have questions:
How does SafelyScreen work?
- US-based property managers who use one of our preferred property management system (PMS) partners can sign up for the free program.
- Enable Safely in your PMS so we can automate the SafelyScreen process.
- Create a Safely portal account in order to view guest screening progress and results.
What is the process for guests?
- SafelyScreen relies on guest participation, so it's essential that we can communicate with the guest to verify their identity. Once we get your request, we'll send the guest an email with a link to upload their information.
- The guest uploads their passport or driver's license, snaps a selfie, and fills in any missing information like address and date of birth.
- Safely's systems verify the guest's identity and runs their information through sex offender registries for all 50 states and reports the findings back to you, via the Safely portal.
What if I want to cancel the reservation based on SafelyScreen findings?
We can't tell you if you should or shouldn't proceed with a reservation - we're just providing the necessary information. However, if you decide to cancel a reservation based on SafelyScreen findings, we can help you stay compliant with Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) regulations. We'll send the guest what is called an "Adverse Action" letter with instructions for accessing the results of their screening.
What's the catch?
For property managers, there really isn't a catch! During the screening process, we may offer the guest information about SafelyStay, our optional travel insurance and trip cancellation product. This won't interfere with any programs you offer during your booking process and is completely independent of the SafelyScreen solution.